Wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time can irritate your skin, causing breakouts. There's even a new term for it - 'maskne' (sounds like acne). Additionally, the warm moist environment inside your mask can support the growth of fungi (and no one wants an itchy face or a rash all over it). Since wearing a mask is now the standard, I'd like to share with you some ways to take care of your skin.
Alywillow can help relieve Maskne and keep your skin clear!
- Wash your face with one of our moisturizing vegan cleansers - we recommend Warrior, Lemon Laughs, Sagerow or Firefly. Choose from our Bar Cleansers or Upside-Down Liquid Cleansers.
- Spray your face and your mask (when you take it off) with Disinfect Now. This helps prevent the buildup of fungi in your mask and helps reduce viruses and bacteria. Disinfect Now is alcohol-free, gentle on your skin and is safe to inhale.
- Easily refill your bottle of Disinfect Now with our FORTIFY Plant Serum.
Reviewing some basics...
- Your body needs about 8 ounces of water every 3 hours (while you are awake) and fresh fruits and vegetables, so try to cut back on your high-fat foods, processed foods, and snacking.
- Try to get at least 20 minutes of sunlight every day.
- Read here for 10 STEPS TO HEALTHY SKIN.
We are here to help!
Contact us if you would like to speak with one of our team members, or reserve a time for a FREE Skin Consultation.
It is our wish here at Alywillow to make life a little better for everyone we meet. You are important to us and we look forward to hearing from you. In fact, every time I hire a new Alywillow team member, I look for people with a caring heart. People who want to make a difference and help other people. It's our motivation. <3
Listen to the wisdom of our ancestors.
One of the most important understandings in the Native American culture is the wisdom of our elders. Considering this time of great stress and change, we should all listen a little more to our loving Grandmothers...
My grandmother once gave me a tip:
In difficult times, you move forward in small steps.
Do what you have to do, but little by little.
Don't think about the future, or what may happen tomorrow.
Wash the dishes.
Remove the dust.
Write a letter.
Make a soup.
You are advancing step by step.
Take a step and stop.
Rest a little.
Take another step.
You won't notice, but your steps will grow more and more.
And the time will come when you can think about the future without crying.
- Elena Mikhalkova