My kids are I have often referred to ourselves as "mosquito candy", because those little pesky critters seem to single us out of a crowd and attack us more than anyone else - but now, I have stopped learned how to safely STOP them!
Since my lifelong goal has been to reduce our exposure to artificial chemicals, making an effective bug spray (from pure plants) was essential for our survival in the South!
Using the wisdom taught to me by my Native American ancestors and about 3 decades of experience working with plants, I created Alywillow's Native Shield Mosquito Repellent with the intention of safely protecting myself and my loved ones from mosquitoes. Now, you can enjoy it too!
It's so easy to use! Put it on an existing bite to reduce the itch, swelling, and scarring. Best yet, apply it before going outside so you get preventative protection.
Prevents the bites,
reduces the itch,
lessens the swelling,
& stops the scarring
For many of us, Summer in the South can be a mosquito nightmare! I used to hate those mosquitoes so much that I would avoid going outside in the summer. If I did get a bite, it would last for weeks and leave scars. My legs looked polka-dotted for years! LOL!
Now, I love to go outside - even during the worse part of mosquito season. I know that if I get a mosquito bite, applying Native Shield will stop all the irritation, swelling, and scarring. If I apply Native Shield before I go outside, I won't get a bite at all.
Native Shield is an all-natural, DEET-free alternative to conventional bug spray and EVERY SINGLE ingredient is a plant. It is so safe you can INHALE IT!
But, what's so important about it being DEET-free?
Let's chat just a moment about that...
Native Shield vs Conventional Bug Spray
Naturally Scentless (after just a few minutes)
TWO easy ways to use Native Shield
- BEFORE YOU GO OUTSIDE: Shake well, spray into your cupped hand and rub onto your skin before going outdoors. You can also mist onto your hair and clothes to create a protective barrier.
- AFTER THE BITE: Even if you forget to apply it, it can relief the irritation of the bite AFTER it happens. Just shake, spray into your cupped hand, and rub into the bug bites. This can reduce itching (in a few minutes), reduce the redness, reduce the swelling, and prevent scarring.
Chiggers, House flies, Ticks, and Horse flies
RUB it on! Use it properly!
- SHAKE THE BOTTLE - this is necessary to blend the plants
- SPRAY it into your hands, and then RUB IT ONTO YOUR SKIN. (If you spray it directly on, WITHOUT RUBBING, it does not work).
- If your skin gets wet, it will lose some of its effectiveness. Make sure you reapply.
- The effects normally last for 2 hours (some people say it's longer or shorter, based on body chemistry). Even individuals with O blood type get relief with Native Shield.
- Eating a high-sugar diet may cause some issues with effectiveness.
- The shelf life is 2 years, so if you bought it last summer, it should still work.
- It is made of PURE PLANTS and they need to live in your home (under 80 degrees Fahrenheit). If you leave your bottle in the heat, it will spoil the plants and ruin it's effectiveness. (In my home we have a bottle at the back door, one at the front door, and one in the beach bag).
It might not repel bugs if...
- Jackson, D.; Luukinen, B.; Buhl, K.; Stone, D. 2008. DEET General Fact Sheet; National Pesticide Information Center, Oregon State University Extension Services. http://npic.orst.edu/
- Corbel, V., Stankiewicz, M., Pennetier, C. et al. Evidence for inhibition of cholinesterases in insect and mammalian nervous systems by the insect repellent deet . BMC Biol 7, 47 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1186/1741-
Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed using... http://alywillow.com/blogs/behindthewillowwithaly.atom