Native Shield Bug Repellent
Native Shield is a complex blend of plants that helps repel the flying insects of summertime and can reduce the itch, swelling, and scarring of existing mosquito bites.
- PURE & NATURAL: This vegan and DEET-free blend is made of plants (and nothing else) and offers incredible protection.
- AFTER THE BITE: If you forget to spray-up before you go out, you can use Native Shield on an existing bite to quickly relieve the itch and pain.
- OUTSIDE PROTECTION: Creates a protective barrier against biting insects such as mosquitoes, horseflies, and more. It even repels houseflies.
SCENT: This crisp scent of vinegar starts out strong and dissipates quickly, leaving no residue scent.
- SAFETY: You don't even need to hold your breath. It is perfectly safe to breathe! Use it for the whole family, including babies, children, and pregnant women.
- EASY APPLICATION: The 8 oz spray bottle makes application a breeze and Now you can safely go outdoors! Now you can apply bug spray to your whole body, including your face, without holding your breath.
- NOT FOR TICKS: If you need protection from ticks or to remove a tick from the skin, check out our Fortify formula.
- COVID-19: Click here to see how COVID-19 may affect this product
- Read Aliya's story on creating Native Shield... "My kids are I have often referred to ourselves as "mosquito candy", because those little pesky critters seem to single us out of a crowd and attack us more than anyone else - but now, I have stopped learned how to safely STOP them! read more here.
- For Use on People: Shake the bottle thoroughly and spray into a cupped hand. Rub the product onto the skin. Misting on directly will result in over-spray and will decrease the effectiveness of the product. Spray on your skin, hair, clothing , and shoes to create a barrier to help protect from biting insects.
- For Use on Pets: It is most effective to apply the product to a handkerchief first and then tie that around the animal.
Ingredients: Witchhazel, apple cider vinegar, water, aloe vera, coconut oil, and Alywillow's Therapeutic Plant formula (therapeutic grade essential oils). There are no synthetic chemicals, no synthetic fragrances, no synthetic colors, and no other artificial ingredients. There are no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no alcohol, no mineral oil, no DEA, and no DEET. They are cruelty-free and never tested on animals. Most of our products, including this one, are vegan. If you have allergies to any plants (including grasses, trees, and coconut), review our ingredients.
Caution: You can use this all around your eyes, just avoid getting it into your eyes. If an adverse skin reaction occurs, you may be allergic to one of the plants in the formula. Discontinue use, seek medical attention (if needed) and notify us, we may be able to help.
Allergies: If you have allergies to any plants (including grasses, trees, and coconut), review our ingredients.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and should not be taken as medical advice. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical conditions. If you are in doubt, always consult your doctor.
Happiness and Health: Although the effects of our products can be very powerful, the therapeutic effects are not enough to restore your health and joy on their own. Our happiness and health are affected by our overall lifestyle habits, eating habits, relationships, water intake, level of exercise, and exposure to harmful substances.
I use Native Shield when I walk in the evenings. It keeps the bugs away so I can enjoy my walk!
I really love this stuff. I have to apply it every thirty minutes or so, not because it doesn't work, but because I'm a mosquito magnet. I apply on all my bites, and it really does stop the itching. Last September, my daughter came down with mild chickenpox, and this repellent was the only thing that soothed and stop her itching. Love it!!
Thank you for your feedback, H! It's great to hear that our Native Shield has helped you and your daughter. Wildwood products are also great for itchy skin relief. We also recommend using our anti-viral Warrior products to relieve the symptoms of chickenpox, since it is a form of the herpes virus.
Used this for the first time this weekend. My husband came in from working in the yard and mentioned he was being bitten by horse flies. Sprayed this on him and no more bites!
I’m in Raleigh NC on vacation and happened to run into the Alywillow shop. Staying out a bit in the country and bugs (are) an issue, so I tried their new bug repellant - NATIVE SHIELD - Ah-maze-ing!!!! Works like a charm for hours and hours… Smells good when sprayed and then the scent dissipates. Soothes any itchy existing bites as well!! All natural… can pat on my face even! win-win!!!!