Therapeutic Grade, Steam Distilled and Pressed Essential Oils
|Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
||Plant Part: Leaves and Flowers
||Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
||Color: A thin brownish liquid.
|Aromatic Strength: Medium
||Aromatic Scent: An earthy, fruity, and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous.
|Safe Dermal Dilution: 0.25%
||Cautions: Non-toxic and non-sensitizing. Avoid during pregnancy as it can lead to contractions.
||ORAC Value: 221,000 uTE/100g
Essential oils are pure, concentrated plant chemicals that come from flowers, fruits, leaves, resins, twigs, seeds, or roots. These essential oils are the same oils we use in our skin care products! They are pure, therapeutic grade essential oils and come from all around the world.
Clary Sage has been known to reduce blood pressure, regulate bowel movement, reduce spasms and swelling, provide relief from depression, tone the skin, improve the health of the urinary tract, colon, and intestines, support a healthy uterus and stomach, and relieve menstrual pain.
Alywillow Essential Oil Safety Tenets:
- Please NEVER consume or ingest essential oils. Some companies have promoted this practice, but the majority of seizures and fatalities due to essential oil use could have been avoided if the essential oils had been applied externally instead. Even if you consume essential oil without short-term side effects, it can still lead to long-term damage to your digestive system. Besides, essential oils absorb into your skin, body, and blood so quickly. There really is no need to ingest them.
- Most essential oils should be avoided in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Many should be avoided during your entire pregnancy.
- Do not put undiluted essential oils in your bath. Dilute them first, using the Safe Dermal Dilution rate listed above.
- If diffusing in your car, make sure the oil is a stimulant and not a sedative.
- If applying to your skin, please use the proper dilution- every plant is different! See how to calculate the proper dilution below.
- Always dilute essential oils, especially when used on children. Use essential oils sparingly on children and use only as needed, not as a preventative measure (unless for a limited time).
- Some essential oils require you to avoid direct sunlight for 10-12 hours after use. All citrus essential oils and some others, such as patchouli, are phototoxic, even when diluted.
This is just a brief safety summary. Your safety is very important to us, so if you have questions, please call us! If you have medical concerns, speak to your doctor.
Calculating the Proper Dilution:
Step 1: How much carrier oil are you using? Carrier oils could be coconut oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, hemp oil, or any other oil. Water is not a safe carrier as it will not blend (1 mL = approximately 20 drops).
Ex: 1mL = approx. 20 drops
Ex: 5mL = approx. 100 drops
Ex: 30 mL = approx. 600 drops
Step 2: Change the Safe Dermal Dilution to a decimal.
Ex: 1% = .01
Ex: 5.3% = .053
Ex: 0.7% = .007
Step 3: To calculate the safe amount, multiply the amount of carrier oil you are using with the number you got in Step 2. _______drops (carrier oil) x ______ (dilution rate) = _____ drops of EO.
Ex: 20 drops (1 mL carrier oil) x .20 (SDD for Eucalyptus EO) = 4 drops of EO
Ex: 100 drops (1 tsp carrier oil) x .053 (Geranium EO) = 5 drops of EO
Ex: 600 drops (1 oz. carrier oil) x .007 (Lime EO) = 4 drops of EO
Step 4: What you calculated is for use on adults. If the intended use is on a child, use only 25% of what was calculated here.
Ask our team: Wondering what is best for you? Just ask us!
Avoid your eyes: If it gets into your eyes, flush with water or full fat milk (for oil based products, including essential oils).
External use only. Do not consume.
Healthy Life: Our products offer many great benefits, yet they are not enough to restore your health and joy by themselves. Read 10 Steps to Healthy Skin to learn how your health and happiness are affected by your life choices.
Shifting colors, scents, and textures: Our products are made from plants and plants vary from one harvest to the next. This may cause a variation in color, scent, or texture in our products. It is completely normal and expected from Truly Natural Products.
Cruelty-free and Dog Friendly: We create over 150 VEGAN products from plants and minerals. They are 100% natural and contain no synthetic chemicals. We don’t test them on animals, but you can review our Dog and Pet information to understand more how your pets can benefit from using Alywillow products.
Pregnant & Nursing women: Avoid this product. Many Alywillow products are safer than anything you can find on the market, however, some plants should not be used during this time. Please refer to our Pregnant and Nursing page for more information.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube for more information and skincare tips.
Coupons: Sign up at the bottom of this page to receive our monthly newsletter for updates & coupons.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and therefore should not be taken as medical advice. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical conditions. If you are in doubt, always consult your doctor.
USA: We make over 150 products, right here in the USA, using only plants and minerals.
Love Yourself - Love Your Life - Love Your Earth - Love Alywillow