Grapefruit Essential Oil
Therapeutic Grade, Steam Distilled and Pressed Essential Oils
|Botanical Name: Citrus racemosa||Plant Part: Peel|
|Origin: Canada||Extraction Method: Cold Pressed|
|Consistency: Thin||Color: Pink to an orange-pink liquid.|
|Aromatic Strength: Medium||Aromatic Scent: A fresh, sweet citrus smell that is very characteristic of the fruit.|
|Safe Dermal Dilution: 4.0%||Cautions: Photo-toxic. Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after use. Store in your refrigerator. Avoid use if pregnant or nursing.|
|Note: Middle||ORAC Value: --|
Essential oils are pure, concentrated plant chemicals that come from flowers, fruits, leaves, resins, twigs, seeds, or roots. These essential oils are the same oils we use in our skin care products! They are pure, therapeutic grade essential oils and come from all around the world.
Grapefruit is an astringent, digestive aid, and lymphatic stimulant. It is known to reduce water and toxin retention. It helps disperse lactic acid after a workout, lessens depression, and is a non-sedative.
Alywillow Essential Oil Safety Tenets:
-Please NEVER consume or ingest essential oils. Some companies have promoted this practice, but the majority of seizures and fatalities due to essential oil use could have been avoided if the essential oils had been applied externally instead. Even if you consume essential oil without short-term side effects, it can still lead to long-term damage to your digestive system. Besides, essential oils absorb into your skin, body, and blood so quickly. There really is no need to ingest them.
-Most essential oils should be avoided in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Many should be avoided during your entire pregnancy.
-Do not put undiluted essential oils in your bath. Dilute them first, using the Safe Dermal Dilution rate listed above.
-If diffusing in your car, make sure the oil is a stimulant and not a sedative.
-If applying to your skin, please use the proper dilution- every plant is different! See how to calculate the proper dilution below.
-Always dilute essential oils, especially when used on children. Use essential oils sparingly on children and use only as needed, not as a preventative measure (unless for a limited time).
-Some essential oils require you to avoid direct sunlight for 10-12 hours after use. All citrus essential oils and some others, such as patchouli, are phototoxic, even when diluted.
This is just a brief safety summary. Your safety is very important to us, so if you have questions, please call us! If you have medical concerns, speak to your doctor.
Calculating the Proper Dilution:
Step 1: How much carrier oil are you using? Carrier oils could be coconut oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, hemp oil, or any other oil. Water is not a safe carrier as it will not blend (1 mL = approximately 20 drops).
Ex: 1mL = approx 20 drops
Ex: 5mL = approx 100 drops
Ex: 30 mL = approx 600 drops
Step 2: Change the Safe Dermal Dilution to a decimal.
Ex: 1% = .01
Ex: 5.3% = .053
Ex: 0.7% = .007
Step 3: To calculate the safe amount, multiply the amount of carrier oil you are using with the number you got in Step 2. _______drops (carrier oil) x ______ (dilution rate) = _____ drops of EO.
Ex: 20 drops (1 mL carrier oil) x .20 (SDD for Eucalyptus EO) = 4 drops of EO
Ex: 100 drops (1 tsp carrier oil) x .053 (Geranium EO) = 5 drops of EO
Ex: 600 drops (1 oz carrier oil) x .007 (Lime EO) = 4 drops of EO
Step 4: What you calculated is for use on adult. If the intended use is on a child, use only 25% of what was calculated here.
- These do not contain synthetic ingredients to make them tear-free. Please avoid your eyes. If it gets into your eyes, flush with water.
- Pregnant or nursing? Many Alywillow products are safer than anything you can find on the market, however, some plants should not be used during this time. Please refer to our Pregnant and Nursing page for more information
- At Alywillow we never compromise on quality. Our products have many great benefits, yet they are not enough to restore your health and joy by themselves. Your happiness and health are affected by your overall lifestyle habits. For instance - eating habits, relationships, water intake, level of exercise, and exposure to harmful substances. Additionally, read our 10 Steps to Healthy Skin guide for more information.
- Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and should not be taken as medical advice. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical conditions. So, if you are in doubt, always consult your doctor.
- Visit our YouTube Channel for more information and skincare tips!
Love Your Body - Love Your Life - Love Your Earth - Love Alywillow